Hello and Welcome!
I am Christie Ellinger, a passionate body geek, nature nut, Movement and Healthy Living Coach and founder of Dynamic Body.
I work with on-the-go career minded women (like you!) who:
- Are tired of being tired and stressed.
- Struggle to find time to exercise and eat well.
- Are overwhelmed with the ever-changing world of diets and exercise.
- Want simple ways to move more, eat healthier and feel fabulous.
- Are ready to make a commitment to step outside the box and create lasting change.
My mission is to transform your body so you:
- Have the energy to do the things you love.
- Live an active life with strength and mobility for full independence.
- Have eating yummy whole foods be your second nature and not a chore.
- Be your true self, feeling comfortable and confident in your own skin.
- Enjoy all of life’s pleasures without judgement, guilt or shame.
- Be empowered to realise your vision of a fulfilling, happy and dynamic life.
Since 2007, I have been inspiring and teaching others how to move well with strength and grace through Pilates, Integrated Movement Therapies (IMT), and restorative movement. I have taught thousands of classes for women of all ages, abilities and walks of life, many of whom have physical issues ranging from poor alignment and postural habits, low back pain, and muscle tension to osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, chronic pain, joint replacement, and fibromyalgia.
Along the way, my long-time love of food brought me to study Nutrition and Wellness, and embark on a journey to discover how our food and holistic lifestyle choices impact our overall health. It’s truly amazing to me how what we put into our body can affect the outcome of our energy, digestion, sleep, hormones, mood, motivation, and even our relationships.
After working with various methods of movement and eating, and strategies for managing the challenges of life at home and work, I’ve learned three important lessons that I try to live by every day – move freely, breathe easy, and live fully.
When I’m not teaching the foundations of foot alignment and mobility (my favourite subject!), or experimenting with how to make a favourite dish a little more nutritious, I can usually be found…
- Getting my nature fix by hiking or kayaking the beautiful trails and waters of Georgian Bay or the west coast.
- Looking for playgrounds where I can climb and hang (who says playing is just for kids?).
- Getting my hands dirty in the garden.
- Indulging in Netflix and dark chocolate on a lazy rainy day.